Saturday, 3 June 2017

My Vegan Journey Begins




Being a yogini my awareness of body, diet and nature has been something that has always took a forefront within my mind. I entered a journey of vegetarianism many years ago, after 6 dedicated years i fell ill and in some way entered me back into the non-vegetarianism ways after being told i needed to eat meat due to iron deficiency. As a yogi/yogini eating meat still didn't rest comfortably within me but as years have gone by milk became my tasty comfort along with honey, eggs and cheese. I have followed what i would have stated as a good clean diet for a yogini.

Around christmas 2016 i had a routine blood check to find my liver was failing, my blood counts got worse and worse and the hospitals had no idea what was happening to my body. My hair began to shed, my skin was so thin and pale, my body got so thin and i developed the most acute awareness of this amazing organ my liver that was resting within my body! I actually remember being on holiday in Iceland and crying because i was scared as i could feel everything within me, sensations, burning, stabbing and the difficulty my body was having to function.

It seems a distant memory but the awareness that I created of my body and organs was a journey i feel greatful i experienced. Transpiring from tests i was diagnosed coeliac and now my diet is extremely strict when it comes to wheat, rye, barley and anything containing gluten. My liver has been healing along with other parts of my body. Something much more than just being coeliac was taking place within my body and liver, i was healing in ways that are unexplainable to the naked eye, a metaphysical explanation is much more reasonable in my opinion.

Being coeliac is one thing but being vegan is a totally different concept with deep seated ethical reasoning. I have to state only a small few of my friends so far are vegan, and i have no intentions of pushing being vegan onto anyone, we all make our own choices, but i do so wish we were more educated about the stuff that goes on behind what we see in a packet.

I guess it was not one thing in-particular that triggered this change to go vegan it was an array of things, killing, rainforest's, illness, cattle farming, my health are among just a few. One thing that has really stuck in my head and i can't shake off is how they will cut the queen bee's wings of to keep her in one place so they can produce more honey. Anyway, it is your place to do the research if it is of interest and when you are ready it will come just as it has to me and others. But this is how i came to this point in my journey, that enters me into a new healthy chapter of life.

One week into this journey and i have to say my plate has been filled with an rainbow of colours. It feels very grounding to be eating so much good stuff. My desire for cheese and milk has been completely disengaged. I am trying a whole new selection of milks in order to fill the milk void, which i thought would be difficult. My cups of organic tea have vanished and i have consumed one coffee with organic gluten free oat milk. I am not a fan of the Soya, for some reason i just can not take to it, so alternatives are being tried.

One week in and i am seeing a change in my skin too. Being coeliac and ill for so long really changed my skin and hair, my hair since being diagnosed and cleaning up my diet has resulted in regrowth that is so curly and thick at the roots. My skin is getting better too - this last week i have so much colour in my face and my eyes are starting to become clearer too. Its early days, but very reassuring to see little changes so quick.

I have decided to do blog posts and youtube vlogs on this journey, I am going to also fill my blogs with tasty new food ideas, new finds and challenges, as well as changes within my body. May be inspire and be inspired as well as creating a place to express with a fruitful appreciation of life. I would love to hear your story too. :-)

I have to share with you a weekly favourite find - which is fully vegan and gluten free 'BOOJA BOOJA' These were demolished very quickly.


You can find regular feeds on Instagram and youtube videos sharing bits also YouTube.

Thanks for stopping by dear earthlings, love, light and health <3


No comments:

Post a Comment